About NDT / NDE / NDI - Non Destructive Testing / Non Destructive Evaluation / Non Destructive Inspection
Non Destructive Testing is the branch of Metallurgy.
There are Different Materials are manufactured according to application and Manufacturing Process such as Casting, Forging, Welding, Composites and Nanomaterials according to requirement of Engineering application and need from the industry and society. During the manufacturing there are chances of occurrences of flaws and discontinuities in the process.
Materials are tested to know their strength and Chemical, Weld ability and Corrosion Resistance Properties by destroying them is known as Destructive Testing.
Where Non Destructive Testing is done without destroying the component, during the manufacturing there are chances of occurrences of flaws and discontinuities in the process, which are unavoidable but can be minimized with the help of NDT. The discontinuities are acceptable, if they are in within limit of acceptance codes and standard. If they cross the limit of acceptance in rounded shape or linear shape then it is considered as “Defect”. Defects are unacceptable by the code and standard, because there may be chances of failure in the service. There are relevant indications and non- relevant indications.
There are relevant indications and non- relevant indications.
As such as NDT Training is required for anyone wanting to pursue a career in the inspection of most metallic structures, such as cranes, oil pipelines, airplanes, buildings etc.
Non-destructive testing is a descriptive term used for the examination of materials and components in such a way that allows materials to be examined without changing or destroying their usefulness. NDT or NDE can be used to find, size and locate surface and subsurface flaws and defects.
NDT plays a crucial role in everyday life and is necessary to assure safety and reliability. Typical examples are found in aircraft, spacecraft (shuttle), motor vehicles, pipelines, bridges, trains, power stations,refineries, buildings and oil platforms which are all inspected using NDT.
NDT is a Quality Assurance management tool which can give impressive results when used correctly. It requires an understanding of the various methods available, their capabilities and limitations, knowledge of the relevant standards and specifications for performing the tests.
Materials, products and equipment which fail to achieve their design requirements or projected life due to undetected defects may require expensive repair or early replacement. Such defects may also be the cause of unsafe conditions or catastrophic failure, as well as loss of revenue due to unplanned plant shutdown.
Non destructive testing can be applied to each stage of an item's construction. The materials and welds can be examined using NDT and either accepted, rejected or repaired. NDT techniques can then be used to monitor the integrity of the item or structure throughout it's design life.
What Kind of NDT Training or Certification Do I Need?
NDT is used typically for the following reasons:
- Accident prevention and to reduce costs
- To improve product reliability
- To determine acceptance to a given requirement
- To qive information on repair criteria.
In order to gain the information and obtain valid results, the following is required:
- Trained and qualified personnel
- A procedure for conducting the test
- A system for reporting results
- A standard to interpret the results.
The method that can be used for non-destructive testing depends on the physical properties of the material. A thorough knowledge of each NDT method is required to ensure the correct selection of the appropriate method for each application.
The most commonly used NDT methods are:
- Visual Inspection
- Liquid Penetrant Inspection
- Acoustic Emission
- Magnetic Particle Inspection
- Eddy Current Inspection
- Ultrasonic Inspection
- Radiographic Inspection
MORE IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OUR ONLINE ADVANTAGES:
- Complete, concise, online NDT training
- A unique, 100% online computer based learning experience, intended to be used with hands on training for qualification and certification
- Always on and accessible from anywhere - start anytime
- NDT certification is a process governed by many different schemes throughout the world; GINDT training can help students prepare for certification under these schemes SNT-TC-1A, CGSB9712, NAS410, CP189, BINDT, AWS, ISO:9712
- Certified and experienced NDT instructors supply quick solutions
- A framing quality certificate is provided as proof of completion
- Work at your own pace - you have up to a whole year
- Your account is available 24 hours a day
- We answer all of your questions and assist you with the requirements for certification applications around the globe
- We provide access to an extensive library of technical data. We will respond within the same day of inquiry. Have a problem at work and need related information? Our experts can find it and fax or email solutions quickly.
- There is no classroom or school required for the theory hours of NDT training. Work from your home, the airport, an internet cafe or any WiFi spot!
- WE ALSO PROVIDE / SUPPLY A FULL NDT LEVEL III SERVICE - INCLUDING Q.A. MANUALS, NDE PROCEDURES / MANUALS AND ASME / ANSI REQUIRED DOCUMENTS